Continued from Part 2
This is the continuing story of my temporary genealogy brick wall for yet another new DNA mystery match that had just showed up. I call it a temporary brick wall because I have not really exhausted all of my resources, but I had found all the known descendants for those lines (not to mention that I know of that generation’s descendants very well), and he is not one of them.
So, a recap of my last steps:
- Facebook- relationships, yes, right one √
- Google-for age and number √
- Public online records-for age, confirmed by relationships-seek other’s related in public records and see how related √
None of the numbers in any of the public record databases, for my match, were working numbers. Time to fan out! 😊
By searching through public records and seeing other associates and relatives, and their ages, I found that my match’s father’s first wife was not his mother. There was no other record showing that his father and mother were married/ a couple, except being associated in public records, and her Facebook (which I trolled 😉).
- Found his mother (who was listed as private on 3-person tree, and no record online of being associated with match’s father, except public record databases)- not first wife of father (only online records for a marriage/relationship for him) √
I was able to search out his mother’s maiden name in public records. I then added her as his mother to my tree I had built for them, and then added a couple of children to her and his father (one male, one female), once again with no first names or any other info added for the children. I was able to find just one child born to them, a daughter. I then had thought for a moment that maybe she was his stepmother, and that’s why she was associated with him on all his records. Through more Google digging, I had realized that the child I had found born to them was the same person; he had changed gender. I had found a college bio online for their daughter, and in looking at the photo had realized it was my match, who had just recently changed his name and gender. I then added his name in quotations to the daughter I had originally found for them. Any other records I would now look up, would be searched with both names.
So far, all his mother’s numbers were non-working as well.
In the meantime, while I was trying to get a working number, I decided to work on his mother’s and father’s lines on my tree I made for them, to see what DNA relationships would fit, based off ages and places.
Stay tuned for more in Part 4 to see what I had discovered! 😊
To follow this story from the beginning, the links are below:
Genealogy Brick Wall: Another New DNA Mystery Match- Part 1
Genealogy Brick Wall: Another New DNA Mystery Match- Part 2
Find more research tips under the Genealogy Research Tips category, brick wall tips under the Genealogy Brick Wall Cases category, and DNA tips under the DNA Simplified category.
P.S... My older site theme does not support the "Leave a Reply" field labels; if you'd like to leave a comment on a blog, the fields are: Name, Email, Site (if you'd like), and Comment, the standard fields 😉