See where I'll be speaking next!
Here you'll find some genealogy speaking event spotlights and speaking events coming up next, along with past presentations
Speaking Events Spotlight
Finding Descendants in Your Family Tree
Publishing Your Family History
Summit of Excellence 2022 | Publishing Your Family History | Who Is That Mystery DNA Match?: Solving a Genetic Genealogy Brick Wall | Diane Henriks
History is a Social Science and every person is a part of it. As we learn about our family members and their experiences, we should be sharing their stories with others. Joins me as we learn how to organize and disseminate our family's stories to family members and the public, to preserve for future generations!
Have you gotten any DNA mystery matches and want to try to figure out who they are? Join me as I show you how I solved my temporary genetic genealogy brick wall for yet another new DNA mystery match that had just showed up, when I already know all the descendants in that line!
The Summit of Excellence, is the Utah Genealogical Association’s annual virtual conference that provides premier genealogical education.
Register for UGA’s 51st Summit of Excellence, and come hear “Publishing Your Family History”, under their Writing and Storytelling Track, and "Who Is That Mystery DNA Match?: Solving a Genetic Genealogy Brick Wall", under their DNA Track!
Distinguished genealogical speakers from all over; including from FamilySearch, Brigham Young University, the Board for Certification of Genealogists, the Family History Library, and more, will be giving presentations on a wide range of topics given over a four-day event, from September 14-17, 2022. On Wednesday, September 14th, they will have a "Basecamp Day". This day is FREE, and will be on beginning genealogy; that will include such topics as introduction to record types, beginning research methods, tools for online research, and more. Thursday, September 15th will include methodology, writing/storytelling, and European research. On Friday, September 16th, there will be presentations on DNA, records, and cultural research. Saturday, September 17th, topics will include more methodology, online research, and immigration and migration.
The best thing about a virtual conference, is that you can still attend sessions that you’ve missed, and will have access to the digital recordings of the sessions for several months after! The recordings will be available until December 31, 2022.
Registration began May 7th and is still open; you won’t want to miss out!: Register
View the schedule here to see all the premier genealogical presentations being offered this year!: Summit of Excellence 2022 Conference Schedule
Proud member of the Genealogical Speakers Guild
Speaking Events Coming Up
- August 6, 2022- Palm Springs Genealogical Society, Palm Springs, CA
- August 26-27, 2022- Southern California Genealogical Society Genealogy Jamboree 2022, Burbank, CA
- September 14-17, 2022- Utah Genealogical Association Summit of Excellence, Salt Lake City, UT
- November 12, 2022- Clallam County Genealogical Society, Port Angeles, WA
- November 19, 2022- Whittier Area Genealogical Society, Whittier, CA
- January 21, 2022- Southern California Genealogical Society German Interest Group, Burbank, CA
- "Celebrating Your German Ancestry during German-American Heritage Month"
- May 13, 2023- Southern California Genealogical Society Lunch ‘n’ Learn, Burbank, CA
- "Beginning Filipino Genealogy"
- July 15, 2023- Moreno Valley Genealogical Society, Moreno Valley, CA
- "Publishing Your Family History"
- June 27, 2023- Glendora Genealogical Group, Glendora, CA
- TBD- "Uncovered Roots" or "Family Secrets"